Troubleshooting for Chromebook users
If you are having trouble using any of our products on a Chromebook, the following steps will help ensure your device and applications are up-to-date. The steps may vary slightly depending upon the configuration of your Chromebook.
Ensure the Chromebook is up-to-date:
- Go to your devices Settings and open it.
- Select About Chrome OS.
- Click Check for Updates on the pop-up menu.
- If your operating system is out of date, you’ll see an option to update it.
Ensure your Chrome browser is up-do-date:
- Click the settings button (three dots) in the top right corner of Chrome
- Move your mouse cursor to Help and then choose About Google Chrome
- Chrome will check for updates. If any are available, click to update and restart your Chromebook when the update is completed. If your Chromebook is up-to-date, you will receive a message that “Google Chrome is up-to-date”.
If you find that the problem persists with your system updated, try downloading Mozilla Firefox and use that browser to access your work instead.
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Click the Google Apps icon at the top right (9 dots arranged as a square)
- Click Google Play
- Search for Firefox
- Select Install
- Once it’s installed, click Open
If you are unable to complete any of these steps in an institution-provided Chromebook, please contact their help desk for support.
Accessing your online textbook after your course ends
If you are not using Canvas or Blackboard to access your online textbook, you'll continue to login the same way even after the course ends. You don't need to request continued access. If you would like continued access to your online textbook outside ...
Chapter links not opening in my online textbook
Problem You are using one of our online textbooks and you are having trouble opening the next chapter to continue your work. Solution If you are using Canvas or Blackboard, it might be that you have not yet unlocked the next chapter in Assignments. ...
How do I add a new professional user to Pro Tools (staff, faculty, counselor)?
If you need to add a new professional user to your account, here's how. These users can setup groups, view student results, and run reports. Step-by-step guide Log In to your Pro Tools account. In the Pro Tools dashboard, click the Add Professional ...
Trouble using our products? Start here.
Use this video to update your browser on most devices and ensure it will allow you to use our products. Using a Chromebook? Find additional information here. In order to access our products, some of your organization’s network settings may need to ...
How do I enter an additional access key?
If you've setup an account using an access key and need to enter an additional access key on your account, here's how. This also works if you used an access key that prompts you to purchase your textbook online (College & Career Success, ...